Tuesday 5 August 2014

A little update

Masks is very nearly ready to go up. I'm still working on the cover and then there's the synopsis to sort out and various other things that need to be done. I was hoping it would be up before I go to worldcon (which is somehow next week, when I keep thinking it's still months away), but I would rather wait until it's completely ready instead of just throwing it up because I want to be done with it.

The question now is, what do I work on next? I had something part done which is in a vein similar to the River Maid, but I think I need to carry on with the Bones series and build some momentum. I already have bits and pieces of Book 3 written and a very, very rough plot line which is more a list of stuff that should happen and will probably change by the end of the book. If I don't abandon it completely!

I don't currently have a title for Book 3. At the moment I'm calling it Ghosts and Ghouls, but that will probably change as I'm not sure I really like it. Hopefully, I can come up with something better to call it.

I'm still working nights at the moment. I have no idea how people who have been doing it for 10 or more years cope long term working nights. I'm looking for something else, especially with Winter coming, but there's very little out there if you don't want to work in a shop or do what I'm already doing now. Fingers crossed something else will come up.

In happier news, I am an auntie again!! I have a new little baby nephew who was born a couple of weeks ago and he is utterly adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment